Tuesday 16 April 2013

Trying something new

Well, I'm back from visiting my family up in Cheshire and while I had a lovely time I'm afraid that as usual when I pay a visit up there I rather over indulged.  There was a belated Easter chocolate orange from my parents, an all you can eat Chinese to celebrate my birthday, a party for my niece's birthday a few days later.... The list goes on and on.  As a result I've been left feeling more than a little fat.

Over the last few years I've started and abandoned the Weight Watchers diet more times than I can remember - it has worked really well for me in the past but for some reason I just haven't been able to stick with it recently.  It seems way too restrictive to fit into my life style and I've found myself feeling incredibly guilty when I'm not able to follow it and almost resenting the diet because of this.  So I've been looking for a new way to lose weight.

I first heard about the 5 2 diet a couple of months ago and I have to admit that I was sceptical of it.  It seemed like just another faddy diet.  But I did some research and after buying this book I've decided to give it a go.  The basic premise is that you eat normally for 5 days out of the 7 and have restrictive calories (500 for women, 600 for men) for the other two.  My plan is to restrict my calories today and Friday
Today is my first fasting day and this is my meal plan for the day

Porridge
Miso soup with tofu
Roast chicken and ratatouille

I plan on drinking lots of water and the occasional cup of tea (there's no way I could stay off caffeine as well as cutting down on calories) and will update the blog this evening with how I got on.

More info about the 5 2 diet can be found here thefastdiet.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment